England
I am back from my trip to England. It is absolutely freezing cold in Ireland right now - strong gales and wind... it's horrible. But not as bad as the weather back home I hear... also there seems to be some strange flu virus going around and I am not feeling 100% right now.
I am now working every other Saturdays at the company in order to earn some extra cash for travel. Being in England, straightened out my priorities, and I am now focused again on what I came here for and that is to travel.
So a quick update on what's been happening here...
England was fabulous. I had forgotten what a great place it really is. I stayed with my cousin in Kent for about 6 days and she treated me really well. I didn't want to leave. I had a fabulous Christmas dinner and ended up eating too much!
The highlight of being in Kent was going to the beach on Christmas Day. I t was gorgeous.. about 10 degree weather, and I was on the beach. Obviously, I didn't go swimming, but it was nice just to walk along the coast.
I also went to the Cliffs of Dover. I had been there previously, but this time my cousin actually parked and we got to explore the cliffs a bit. We also went to St. Augustine's Abbey in Canterbury which at one time was so grand. Unfortunately one of the king's ordered it demolished and it is now basically just ruined.
For New Year's Eve, I went to this party on a boat. It was quite cool. We had a really good time.
I also went shopping on Oxford, which was super crowded and mad. But so good. And I went to Windsor Castle and Eton. Finally. Unfortunately, Eton was closed though. But I enjoyed the castle itself and being in Windsor. I also saw the musical, We Will Rock You, which I had been wanting to see for ages. Everyone complains about being a tourist or looking like one, but I love it. I had a reallly good time, and I would love to be a permanent tourist. Imagine travelling around the world and just seeing stuff...
Anyway, hope all is well at home...
I am now working every other Saturdays at the company in order to earn some extra cash for travel. Being in England, straightened out my priorities, and I am now focused again on what I came here for and that is to travel.
So a quick update on what's been happening here...
England was fabulous. I had forgotten what a great place it really is. I stayed with my cousin in Kent for about 6 days and she treated me really well. I didn't want to leave. I had a fabulous Christmas dinner and ended up eating too much!
The highlight of being in Kent was going to the beach on Christmas Day. I t was gorgeous.. about 10 degree weather, and I was on the beach. Obviously, I didn't go swimming, but it was nice just to walk along the coast.
I also went to the Cliffs of Dover. I had been there previously, but this time my cousin actually parked and we got to explore the cliffs a bit. We also went to St. Augustine's Abbey in Canterbury which at one time was so grand. Unfortunately one of the king's ordered it demolished and it is now basically just ruined.
For New Year's Eve, I went to this party on a boat. It was quite cool. We had a really good time.
I also went shopping on Oxford, which was super crowded and mad. But so good. And I went to Windsor Castle and Eton. Finally. Unfortunately, Eton was closed though. But I enjoyed the castle itself and being in Windsor. I also saw the musical, We Will Rock You, which I had been wanting to see for ages. Everyone complains about being a tourist or looking like one, but I love it. I had a reallly good time, and I would love to be a permanent tourist. Imagine travelling around the world and just seeing stuff...
Anyway, hope all is well at home...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home